All of our adoptable dogs are spayed/neutered, up to date on required vaccines, heartworm tested (if old enough), current on flea/tick & heartworm prevention, dewormed, and microchipped. The adoption donation also helps offset the costs associated with transport to New England from Oklahoma, state mandated quarantine, and health certificates.
Please consider: Our adoption fee only barely covers the cost for a healthy dog; many of our dogs have pre-existing medical conditions such as heartworm which cost hundreds more to get them healthy. These are wonderful dogs that deserve the best medical care.
Please note that we are a 100% volunteer-run rescue. Please allow up to 24 hours for a response.
1. Submit an application.
2. We ask for general information, two personal references, your veterinarian if you have pets or have had them within the past ten years, and your landlord/association information if applicable.
All dogs in the home must be spayed/neutered, up to date on the rabies vaccine and heartworm prevention (unless a veterinarian has suggested otherwise and we will need to speak with them).
3. Your application is reviewed by our Adoptions Coordinator.
4. We call your references (make sure they know to expect a call!).
5. Schedule a virtual home visit via Face Time with one of our volunteers.
6. Our Adoptions Coordinator reaches out to you to approve your application or ask follow up questions.
7. If you are approved to adopt, our Adoption Coordinator will call you to review your preferences for a dog listed on our website and discuss possible matches and/or other available dogs.
8. Your dog will be transported to central locations in New England and New York for pick up by you directly from our transportation truck.